Friday, July 18, 2008

Cutting it Close

With my official RKC snatch test exactly TWO weeks away, I am grateful that my illness did not come three weeks later. It would have been hard to pass the snatch test if I could barely walk.

I hit my numbers again in an ugly manner. I had to disqualify on rep on the left as "Too Much Pressing" and I had to resort to a "allowed by the rule" knee bend on my last rep on the right.

I am still very light for my category. If it were only a matter of the snatch test, I would drop the 2 pounds to reduce my number by over 20%. At 143 it is one of the biggest drops by weight class.
(38 snatches at 143 Lbs, 48 snatches at 144 Lbs)

But, and a big one at that, is I need strength for the rest of the course.

----
Edited to change RKC from "one week away" to "two weeks away"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Let's get to work on your form and keeping your mind focused so your body stays in the groove, rep after rep. Let me know what your availability is like this week!

The Endos & Morenos said...

Hi Doc,
I emailed your gmail account.
-Rich