Sunday, July 13, 2008

Family Camp

We were at Forest Home Family camp July 6th-12th, in San Bernidino CA.

I dragged along 2 x 16kg kettlebells and 1 24kg KB so I wouldn't slip too much in training.


I didn't want to tax my system too much in the 5200 ft. high altitude. 5200 ft. doesn't seem high to most people but it greatly effected my arithmetic. Monday morning, I calculated on the fly that I did 3x8L and 3x8+4R for 100 total. It wasn't until I went to write it down that I realized that I only did 68! That after noon I did 24kg 16L, 16R.

Wednesday, I was feeling good. So I tested the 24kg "at altitude". My RKC target was reached with 24L, 24R, with much heavy breathing afterwards.

Friday, I don't recall the exact motivation, but I decided to do Military Press Ladders, with equal pullups on each rung. I have lost some strength focusing on my snatch numbers. Back in December 2007 I could do 5 ladders of 5 rungs with the 24kg and once did three ladders of 3 rungs with the 32kg. Friday morning I barely did 3 ladders of three rungs with the 24kg. Over all I think it is a better trade, but I will have to press for more endurance for the RKC graduation workout.

No comments: