Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mile Stones

Sunday Was a Grind,

We welcomed back Dr. Cheng, and it was a workout.
My wife even commented that I did not look like my normal energetic post workout self.

We drilled the "hip snap" with return assisted swings.
That helped when we got to the highlight of the work out...
Descending and ascending snatch ladders. I did 24kg 10 to 1 and 16kg 2 to 10.
A special thanks to Guro John Spezzano for keeping me going on the ascending ladder.
I wouldn't have had the will power to go on without his encouragement.

But thats not all. I had a belay class at noon. My older daughter is having a rock climbing birthday party, and in order for my 5 year ld to climb, I have to be certified to Belay.
After the "Defying Gravity 1" class we could do some bouldering.
Bouldering works the grip "Hard Styyle!"

Today (Tuesday)
Dr. Cheng gave me the go ahead to use the 24 kg for snatch practice.

My plan was to try : 8 "Pause locked out" 8 "Pause locked out" 8 switch
I did using RKC snatch test rules
L: 8P,8P,4P,2
R:8P,8P,5P,3P,2

My last one was pretty ugly. If I were judging, I would not count it. But I don't think I would have the heart to fail someone on their last rep.

Anyway I am *real* close to smoothly passing.

My grip is getting better, and I didn't have to use and hand protection.

I am sooooo close

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good work, Rich! You're closer than you think!

Never take the condition of your hands for granted, though. Be smart and use hand/skin protection liberally.