Friday, January 9, 2009

Happy New Year


OK I'm a week late.

December was slow month for my training. I did almost no MVO2 work, and went mostly into strength maintenance mode (read that as slow regression) .

Last night I went to Punch Kick Grapple (PKG) in Culver City. A co-worker and I went to training each other.
PKG has a really nice facility with nice assortment of heavy bags, speed bag, Ring, and grappling area. Plus the owners are really cool. They also have a good set of Kettelbells in pairs from 4kg to 40 kg.


Playing with the bulldogs
I had to do a little playing around with those 40kg puppies. I did a Turkish Get Up (TGU) on the right a lot easier than I expected. The left on the other hand was a different story. For the first time in my life on a TGU I had to dump the bell. Now I've bailed before, or used the other hand for assist, but last night I had to direct a fall of a 88 pound bell while laying on my back.

I don't quite have the strict press, but with a push press cheat I could press the bell.

Double bulldog swings! These were fun. 120% bodyweight swings.

No comments: