Thursday, November 15, 2007

Pood for Pood Challenge

The Beast Challenge is an impressive accomplishment.

But for some of us it is either not a reasonable goal, or it is significantly more difficult goal than for other successful Beast Challengers.


Pood for Pood Challenge
1) Military Press each hand
-- (A weighted handstand push-up would fit the curve better,
---- but I don't know how to do that safely
)
2) Pistol each leg with kettlebell
3) Pull up with kettlebell

Notice each hand needs to press, and each leg needs to pistol.
Symmetrical development is important.

Like a storm I ranked different levels in Categories.
Each 10% of body weight represents a step up in Category.

see chart:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pieysBJtsdc7QRlKi4xVldQ&output=html


Weighing in at under 4.25 pood, I would be about Category 3 (Cat3) (30% of body weight).
I haven't tested the pull up so I don't know for sure.
With the 1.5 pood, the Press is easy and Pistol is not too hard.
I can reliably press the 2 pood with the right, but I've ony done it on two separate occasions with my left. If I fully tame the 2 pood, I will should be Cat 5

My guess is that most Beast Tamers are Cat 4 or Cat 5 (using over 40% or 50% of body weight).

Joe Sarti
is unofficially a Cat6 (60% of body weight)!

At my current weight (if by some magical bite of a genetically engineered radioactive spider),
I passed the Beast Challenge, that would put me at Cat 7.

No comments: