Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Week after the Centurian Mark

I have not done as many snatch days since my 16kg x 100 last week.

On Sunday I thought I was going to do a snatch test so I did not push myself as hard
as I usually did. We also had tons of new people so there were not many lighter bells
around, and I as left with my 32 kg. That Is fine for a limited amount of swings but
one of the guys leading wanted to pump of the volume on swings.
I still thought I was going to snatch test soon, so I didn't want to fry myself.

After the normal work-out I played around on the ropes and rings.
I got up the double ropes pretty good, but at about 3/4 of the way up I realized
I probably couldn't make down the same way. I "hopped" over to a single rope before I fell.

Then I tried the shorter set of "monkey rings".
15 years ago I didn't have the grip strength to make it across. Sunday I made it one way!
It is a lot of fun soaring through the air like Tarzan (or Spider-man).
Next time I I would like to try the big monkey rings. That may be a challenge with my limitted reach (and grip strength).

No comments: