Sunday, June 22, 2008

Kettlebells Los Angeles Snatch Test

The Kettlebell Los Angeles Crew received an email Friday
from Dr. Cheng, that we would be doing the Snatch Test on Sunday Morning.

I had skipped my morning work-out but knew I had to create some "demand" in the Snatch Power System so I would be "supplied" for Sunday morning.
I did a so-so Friday early evening workout to stress the system.

We had a transient smoking in his sleeping bag about 20 yars away. That was distracting in preparation but I did n't notice once I got started.

It all worked out as on Sunday I hit a PR for the 24 kg (54) 26 Left, 28 Right

Dr. Courtney Mizuhara-Cheng Video recorded all the snatch tests. Even though she was distracted and had her view obstructed by recording, she spotted two things, and efficiency and safety.

I was letting my left knee rotate inward on the down swing, and I was losing some momentum on the backswing.

2 comments:

Nikki Shlosser said...

Nice PR, Rich!

The Endos & Morenos said...

Thanks Niki,

We missed you Sunday!

But you're not too worried about your RKC snatch #s :)