Monday, December 10, 2007

ROP week 2

Yesterday at the Beach Dr Cheng was "Sick as a Dog".
Actually dogs usually aren't that sick.

He had Mateo and me coach two new guy at the swings.
One guy was realatively easy for me,
but the other had some fundamental movement issues
that I just could not begin to understand.
At least his swings started to look like swings.

Anyways, we ended the day with 10 4 plays on each arm.
(4 Play, swing, clean, high pull, snatch)
I chose descending ladders with the 24kg
4R, 4L, 3R, 3L, 2R, 2L, 1R, 1L
That's 80 reps without putting the bell down.


Today was Medium day
I've been starting my home work outs with the Tibetan 5,
at 5-7 reps for a warm up. (That is after my shot of espresso)

I stayed with Heavy target of 4 Rungs so today was 3 rungs.
I want to be able to compress my 5 Ladders of 4 Rungs into one workout.
We will see on Thursday.

I did notice that my "groove" for pressing was different today.
It may be from a hard workout yesterday, but the groove was more
forward today, and didn't rest against my rear range of motion.

For swings instead of doing 30 sec. Work, 30 sec. Rest with the 24 kg,
I used the 32 kg and did 22.5 sec Work, 37.5 sec. Rest with the 32 kg.
It's the same "work" in weight * secs. per min but more concentrated.
I also don't want to loose the power requirements of the swinging the 32 kg.

It turned out to be 14-15 swings per minute for 7 minutes. Or about 100 swings.
That is pretty medium (hard).

Tomorrow I plan to do Arm Bars and Get ups with the 32 kg.

No comments: