Monday, August 25, 2008

RKC II, Pullups & WTH Effect

There has been a lot of discussion about the new RKC 2 requirements.
The most common concern is strict military pressing (MP) the kettlebell closest to 1/2 body weight. As long as I keep under 150 Lbs that should be no problem. I haven't tested the 36 kg bell so I don't know if I can press it or not.

My worry was a pull up with the 24 kg kettlebell hanging from my foot. Last time I tested was with a 16 kg hanging from Nikki's weight belt. I didn't even budge. This Sunday I tried with the 16kg hanging from my foot and I was able to do it! What The Heck (WTH)! I still have 8kg more to go but I am a lot closer than I thought!

The vast majority of my training between those two pullup test has been months of RKC snatch test prep, and now 2 weeks of (heavy day->VO2Max Day->rest day). I have not worked on pull ups!