Monday, September 29, 2008

Little Things and Heavy Snatches

I decided that 32 kg snatches were going to be the main course of my practice today.

Lock and Load
I worked the Hard Style Lock (HSL) and the Hike Back (Loading the Hamstrings),
focusing on both ends of the snatch. While trying to get my left snatch as smooth as my right snatch, I noticed a key point missing on the left. It is not enough for me to not grip the 32 kg bell. For me, the bell is so heavy that I have to actively de-weight the bell while it spins in my hand. BIG difference.

After warming up with 16 kg around the world, and halos.

10 x 32 kg, 2 handed swings
3 Sets, 10 Reps, double 32 kg swings
3 Sets, 1 Rep double 32 kg, Clean and push press
1 set 3 Reps 24 kg, hang snatch
4 Sets 32 kg snatches {L, R}: {3, 5}, {5, 5}, {5, 5}, {4, 5}

2 comments:

Joe Chalakee said...

Impressive workout Rich, Very Impressive! Nice Workout.

The Endos & Morenos said...

Thanks Joe,

It will be nice to get the volume up on the 32 kg snatch.