Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Vodka is Good, But the Meat is Rotten

No the title is not another Pavel quote, a humorous but undocumented "machine translation" from English to Russian, back to English of:
  The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak - Paul of Tarsus

Preamble
The morning didn't start well. There was an overly agressive squrriel that kept coming onto the lawn while I was warming up. When I threw small rocks at it, it just chased them and tried to eat them. When I shoo'ed it away with a broom it just came back. It was probably a human spoiled creature, but I didn't know if it had rabies or plague. I certainly didn't want it climbing my leg and searching for nuts during my snatch MVO2.

Finally I got my dog Coco, and tied her leash to a post near the corner of the lawn where the squirrel kept comming. That worked!

I asked my daughters later, and apparently a neighbor girl had been feeding the squirrel.

MVO2
10 sets into the 20:20 MVO2 I was warmed up, byset 20 I was wondering if I was going to make it to the planned 34 sets. My heart rate was 173 bpm which is 99% of heart rate by age, but bellow my max measured 187. It was a slog, but I knew I could get through it.

On the 23rd set of 11 reps 20:20 MVO2 I tore the skin on my left middle finger. I think I grip the bell too tight with the left hand. I've had four tears on the left hand and none on the right! The tear is very small and I expect it to close up by tonight. I finnished the 24th set since it was with my good hand.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

When I first saw your line about the squirrel, this T-shirt came to mind immediately!

http://cgi.ebay.com/PROTECT-YOUR-NUTS-JOKE-SHIRT-VINTAGE-T-SIZE-L_W0QQitemZ120302676809QQihZ002QQcategoryZ152747QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The Endos & Morenos said...

Hi Doc,

Funny T-Shirt! I'm probably a little paranoid, having seen too many stupid movies. But a large beetle did crawl over my foot during snatch ladders on a KBLA Sunday.