Friday, September 5, 2008

MVO2 20:20 for 30 Initial Target Reached

MVO2* Day
Sticking with 11 reps at 20:20, reached the my initial target of 30 sets!
Near set 20, I noticed I was not firing at Maximal Volitional Contraction (MVC). I used Nikki's Pavelization technique and sharpened up my form quickly.

The skin on my hands held up pretty good. I didn't have to worry about it so I was able to notice other things like my form slipping. The last 10 sets of the 20:20 I really worked up a sweat. Just after set 29 I checked the heart rate monitor, and I reached 187!


*using Kenneth Jay's MVO2 nomenclature, as opposed to the Wikipedia VO2 Max name

epiblog - (fixed typos) 5 hrs later, I still feel the metabolic impact of todays practice.

2 comments:

Nikki Shlosser said...

LOL!!!
I can't believe my "NP" has been referenced, LOL.

Nice work, Rich. :)

The Endos & Morenos said...

Thanks for the helpful tool!